Thursday, May 23, 2013

Blog 23: 2014 Interview (additional)


1. Who did you interview and what house are they in?
Elizabeth Ville East House

2. What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?
Registered Nurse, she wants to use this as a start to her career and so she can start applying to colleges based on this choice.

3. What do you plan to do for your summer 10 hour mentorship experience?
 She is thinking of applying to a hospital.  I told her she should start looking into that soon because sometimes at hospitals they have deadlines for volunteers.

4. What do you hope to see or expect to see in watching the 2013 2-hour presentations?
 Elizabeth is hoping to see information on different types of careers and even possible new senior project choices that she could look into.

5. What questions do you have that I can answer about senior year or senior project
 She asked me if it was possible to switch topics if she did not like RN anymore after doing her 10 hours. I told her it was possible and I think she has until October to choose her final project topic. She then asked if the teachers give her time to find a mentor so she could get hours if she did switch topics and I explained to her that the 10 hours over summer was required just so that she actually starts somewhere and has something to go off of, but she can switch and do her 50 hours somewhere else if she decides to change her topic. I asked her if she had any other topics in mind and she said cosmetology (hair dressing) and she had said she gotten into Ana B. presentation and I said that was good and she can see if she likes it, I also told her how Ana does her hours at a salon and actually gets to cut hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment