Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Movable Feast


During the holidays House of Ruth held another fundraiser called Movable Feast. A bunch of rich people would move from a bunch of huge rich houses to the next one and eat part of their meal. The first house (the house I was waitressing at) was owned by the President of Pitzer College. It was a really huge old fashioned house right in the middle of the 5 Claremont colleges. I was in the kitchen working with the catering service to prepare food and then I would take it out on trays and serve it to the rich people who were talking about business and buying art. I also walked around taking picture of the event and the skit that was performed.
            I was actually really intimidated to be a part of this event because my mentor was not going to be there and I knew no one, plus it was all adults and older people. But I did end up making new friends and got to try (and take home) a bunch of delicious food!


No comments:

Post a Comment