Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Senior Project Reflection

 1.     Positive Statement: I am most proud of turning everything in on time and time managing really well between core, work, and senior project. I did not turn in anything that received below an AP and I only got that on a few assignments, the rest were P’s and higher. I was really interested in my topic so getting my work done was easy because I liked researching new things about it. I am also really proud of my 2 hour because it was what I have been dreading all four years at iPoly and what I was working up too this entire year. I made time and talked about a lot of informative content. Another thing would be setting up the Teen Dating 101 assembly at iPoly for the freshman and sophomores because it took a lot of work to find the right date and get approval but the office and also teachers. It was also scary because it was such a large presentation and I had not really rehearsed it but it turned out really well and I received a lot of compliments.
2.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2 hour presentation?
AE

What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project?
P+/AE
3.     What worked for you in your senior project?
I think my 2 hour really worked for me. In the 10 minute presentation I didn’t make time so that was I the back of my mind before starting to speak for my 2 hour but everything ended up flowing really nicely. My powerpoint was well organized and the activities correlated to each answer. I made 30 minutes speaking time and met the 1 hour minimum presentation requirement. I am really proud of myself for completing this and my entire senior project without any major issues. Also my exit interview. I received an AE on it despite the fact that I was beyond nervous. I had really done and researched on my whole project so I knew all of the answers to my questions but for some reason it made me really scared. I ended up getting a way better grade than expected so I’m proud of myself for this as well!

4.     What didn’t work?
If I could go back I would fix my 10 minute presentation because I didn’t make time and had to represent. I was just really nervous and I was the first one to go so that made it worse. I am much more prepared now.
I would also redo my I-Search. A lot of other stuff for senior project was going on and it was close to the last week of core so trying to get everything together distracted me from doing my best on my I-Search. Ortega did give us plenty of time to work on it but when it came time to revise my drafts I didn’t do my best. I would have also liked to have more people read it before I turned it in.

5.     My senior project has been helpful to my future endeavors by leading my to my career choice and getting my foot in the door. I want to major in psychology and work with victims of abuse in a place like house of shelter. Once I get my BA in psychology I will be able to case manage, which is one thing they do at House of Ruth that I can start volunteering at once I take my class. Like I stated earlier only a few volunteers get selected for this position but Marina said it would be fairly easy for my because I am so well known at House of Ruth and around the community because I have helped with so many events and have made many connections.It has also helped me mature and become more responsible. Usually at iPoly the whole group is responsible for a project but this one is all you. I had to make sure everything was done correctly, and turned in on time. I couldn’t rely on any one else. If I needed help I had to go on the class page on Facebook or the class blog and look for an answer.
I am really proud of all my work, especially the fact that I am now super    involved in the community and will continue volunteering at House of Ruth and hopefully stay there long enough to  get a position to work there

No comments:

Post a Comment