Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tip-a-Cop


Tip-a-Cop was a fundraiser for House of Ruth; the organization and the clients.  Police officers from Claremont came (in uniform) to a restaurant called Casa De Salsa and were the waiters for each table for the guest who came to support. House of Ruth and police officers don’t really get along because many police officers are actually abusers themselves. Also, previous times this event had been done, officers wouldn’t show up, or they would be rude! So working with them was a big step for both the officers and staff at House of Ruth!
A few weeks before the event, my job was to go around passing out and putting up flyers for the fundraiser all over Pomona, Chino and Claremont. And at the event I stood at the door and passed out smaller flyers saying that 15% of the guest’s meal will go to House of Ruth. I made a new friend Zach here, he was really cool and told me all this odd psychology stuff about my personality. I have also now seen him at other events. Here are some pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment