Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Prevention Assembly

February is Teen Dating Violence Prevention month. As a prevention coordinator my mentor Marina goes to schools and gives presentations on bullying, and teen dating. I thought it was be cool to bring her to iPoly in Februry to talk about dating violence since its the awareness month. I had to talk to the assistant principal to get approval of the presentation and to set up a date. I presented to freshman/sophomores so those teachers had to approve as well. Once everything was set in stone, I was co-presenting with my mentor Feb 22 in front of half of iPoly. It was a really big crowd but it went well. This is one thing I am very proud of doing. It was kind of a lot of work to get everything situated but it was all worth it.


This is me speaking at the assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment