Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Some of the Stuff I Did at Mentorship


Because I am not 18, I couldn’t take the 40 hour training class that allows me to come into contact with the clients of House of Ruth. But what I did get to do, was a whole bunch of other stuff. Like I have been posting I was able to go to tons of events (not community fairs though) where I helped fundraise and raise awareness. I also did behind the scenes work. I literally printed thousands and thousands of packets to hand out at the community fairs that were almost every week. I also would help set up for events/fundraisers, I would prepare food if there was going to be a dinner held. I glued on phrases to candy pieces to give to kids about bullying and violence. I also would research information for some of the projects Marina would do with other high schools. For example, at Montclair high school a group of teen girls made PSA about different topic such as bullying teen pregnancy and domestic violence. I did not help them with the videos but I did search online for days looking for film festivals and competitions they could submit their videos too. I had to look for entry fees, deadlines and requirements and make them into a chart.
            Some of this stuff did get tedious and boring (making copies) but in the end I know all my hard work pays off for the greater good!



No comments:

Post a Comment